Are there any COVID-19 regulations?
As an artist taking part in the “Amped in Your Neighborhood” performance series, you will have to agree to the following upon applying:
- Notify [email protected] or another member of the Amped team if I have developed COVID-19 symptoms (including dry cough, fever, trouble breathing) or have been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual within the past 14 days.
- Any self-promotion for my “Amped in Your Neighborhood” performance(s) will NOT include an invitation for members outside of my immediate neighbourhood to travel to and watch my performance, and will NOT encourage crowding or gathering of any kind.
- During my “Amped in Your Neighbourhood” performance, if any members of my immediate neighborhood begin to gather I will notify them promptly that “due to COVID-19 restrictions, we ask that you please social distance or listen from your own homes”.
- In the event that a large crowd (i.e. 50+ people) begins to form and break social distancing protocol, I will stop my performance IMMEDIATELY.
- Musicians Agree to being photographed at AMPED and to allow photos to be used for promotional purposes.
- Musicians are responsible for being an ambassador of the Squamish Arts Council and as such will act respectfully and responsibly
- To share videos, photos of my 7pm Thursday performance based on the agreed upon performance date.
How exactly am I supposed to set up?
We strongly encourage all participating artists to abide by government health regulations, and avoid creating gatherings of people. We want to make sure all participants are engaging in active physical distancing, and aware that crowding is to be avoided. Finding a way to display your performance to your immediate neighbors from a distance (i.e. your front porch, front lawn, garage, etc.) is recommended to reach the most amount of people possible, while abiding by the COVID-19 protocols. If you need to play on a public space (i.e. a sidewalk, gazebo, roundabout) please keep an eye on your audience. If a crowd is beginning to form, please let them know that “we really appreciate your support, but due to COVID-19 restrictions we cannot have people crowding” and/or “please listen from your own homes if you can”. Please let Amped know if you intend to perform in a public space.
If you are having any trouble figuring out how to set up your stage, please contact [email protected] to get help.
How long should my performance be?
All artists are expected to start at 7pm, and finish by 8pm on Thursdays. Artists do not have to play for the full 60 minutes, but we encourage you to stay within the timeframe out of respect for your neighbours.
I need gear, can Amped lend me some?
While we’d love to lend gear out to all artists who need it, due to the amount of gear we have and the tech crew available to set up, we cannot guarantee that all artists who request gear will be lent any. Please try to prepare in case Amped lets you know you will have to go acoustic (without sound equipment).
What's the contest? How do I enter?
Amped is partnering with the Squamish Wind Festival to run a contest that will help to select an opening act for the “Lazy Ghost” show on August 15th at the Brackendale Art Gallery. All artists participating in this program are welcome to enter the contest.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Record your AiYN performance. The quality of your recording will not be a factor in judging for the contest. Something like a simple iPhone recording will work fine.
2. After your performance, UPLOAD your recording via Instagram to IGTV. Click here if you need help figuring out how to do this. (Please note – IGTV will limit your recording
to 15 minutes.)
3. In the description section of the IGTV video, tag @ampedinthepark and use the hashtag #ampedcontest.
4. Your recording will then be reviewed at a later date and the winner
will be contacted!
5. Participants will be expected to film their entry themselves during their AiTN performance.
6. The contest closes at 12am on July 31st, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact [email protected]