Amped in the Park aims to continue the goal of developing and promoting fantastic emerging artists within the Squamish community.
Amped is set up to deliver on three objectives:
Amped is run by a group of passionate volunteers under the Squamish Arts Council. If you’re keen on learning sound engineering, stage management, or just getting involved please reach out to [email protected]! We’re always accepting new volunteers.
Amped isn’t just for musicians – although we love to see local musicians! – we welcome emerging performance artists from all disciplines including theatre, poetry, comedy, busking, and more!
Amped in the Park is a program by youth for the whole community. This exciting program brings emerging artists, youth and older, to the stage to hone their craft in front of Squamish’s most enthusiastic audience! Volunteers coordinate the whole program, from sound and stage, to marketing and artist management.
Emerging Artist Application
Interested in signing up as a performer? Fill out the application form below! All we request is that you consider yourself an emerging artist and that you come with your own instruments and music. Performers should expect to play sets between 10-20 minutes. We try to curate the performance line-ups so we make sure we have room for everyone, while sometimes we take impromptu performances, please fill out the form so we can ensure to schedule you in!
Want to volunteer and learn how to use professional sound equipment? Sign up by using the form below! Why volunteer?
- Learn how to mix sound and use professional equipment and develop professional skills with industry professionals.
- Learn how to make you and other artists sound great!
- Also learn how to guide sound engineers when you perform live since you’ll know how it all works on the back end.
- Get experience in stage management and event planning.
- Perform, have fun, make friends and be part of something awesome!