Hours: 24 Hours Weekly
Start Date: January 18, 2021
Must be flexible and willing to work some nights, weekends, and holidays.
Position will be temporarily remote, with in-person work to take place when safety guidelines allow. Applicant must be committed to working in Squamish.
This position will be responsible for providing professional support to the Squamish Arts Council and its team by delivering administrative support to the programs, operations, and events team; and help the organization to work toward its mission of increasing community connections to arts and culture. The Arts Administrator will represent the Squamish Arts Council as an arts information resource for Squamish by helping to manage communications and systems.
Core projects of the Arts Administrator will be:
● Assisting with basic bookkeeping including expense and revenue coding.
● Learning the Keela CRM and integrating data and contacts into the software to help set it up from scratch.
● Developing newsletters in Mailchimp to member and other email lists of the Squamish Arts Council.
● Providing administrative support to the board and staff when and where required.
● Assisting with grant research, reports, and if possible, writing.
● Maintaining the Squamish Arts Council website, info email, and social media channels and direct communications to necessary parties.
● Helping to maintain records, filing, and database.
● Learning and implementing various new softwares as the organization expands and needs more robust functionality.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
● Comfortable with a variety of software, including Microsoft Office, G-Suite, and Mailchimp
● Ability to problem solve effectively with multiple stakeholders including children, youth, and parents
● Ability to exercise considerable independent judgment, initiative, tact, and diplomacy
● Excellent research and writing skills with ability to tackle complex ideas
● Excellent editing skills with the ability to create texts for multiple purposes and diverse audiences
● Create a result-oriented work environment that promotes collaboration, and builds relationships with donors, members, artists and supporters that inspires
● Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
● High degree of computer proficiency and accuracy
● Ability to prioritize and manage several projects simultaneously
● Must be able to pass a clean Criminal record/ Vulnerable Sector check
● Be a dynamic and accomplished individual with leadership experience
● Working knowledge of WordPress, HTML, and Squarespace
● Knowledge of Quickbooks
● Knowledge of CRMs
● Experience in graphic design
● Valid drivers license with reliable vehicle
● Current CPR and First Aid certification
Please do not send an application if you do not meet all the requirements to apply.
The Squamish Arts Council is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace free from harassment, discrimination and sexual misconduct.
This position starts January 18th, 2021.
Posting closes December 30th, 2020
Please submit resume with cover letter other supporting material of your past work in digital content creation, management, and engagement to [email protected] prior to 5pm on December 30th, 2020.
Please submit all electronic files and attachments in PDF format.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.